Who Are We?
Connexions International (CXI)
In the 1970's Christian volunteers began tutoring international students, scholars, and their families in English. This volunteer initiative grew into what is now Connexions International. In 2006, CXI was incorporated as a non-profit ministry and its mission has expanded to include English classes, cultural events, and activities. Relying on volunteers from churches in the Twin Cities, Connexions' vision is to see God's grace transforming the world through the internationals we serve.
Our mission is to work together in ministry with international students and scholars and their families to:
- Cultivate international relationships and friendships,
- Conduct English language, cultural and Christian programs that offer value to internationals,
- Connect with churches and ministries involved with international ministry, and
- Continue to encourage internationals who have moved to other communities or returned to their home countries.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created the heavens and earth out of nothing by his spoken word.
- We believe God has revealed himself and his truth in the created order, in the Scriptures, and supremely in his Son - Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are fully trustworthy and are of final authority in all they say.
- We believe in the value and dignity of all people, created in God’s image to live in love and holiness but separated from God and each other by sin and guilt.
- We believe that all those who turn to God in repentance and put their faith in Jesus Christ are given a new life by the Holy Spirit and a new calling to obedient service.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all who follow Jesus Christ, manifest in worship of God and witness to people of all nations.
The Work of Christ & The Holy Spirit
- We believe that Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, lived as a perfect example, assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, was bodily raised from the dead, and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is present and active in the world, making known the good news about Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the future return of Jesus Christ to judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to condemnation but receiving into eternal life those who have accepted God’s gift of faith.