Go International . . . without going Overseas!
Connexions International exists to compassionately serve the international student community in the Twin Cities with English classes and language help, and through cultural activities. We offer opportunities for interested students to explore Christian faith through Bible studies, conversations, and church activities.
We depend on Christians who are motivated by their commitment to Christ and interest in international friendship and service.
We depend on churches who share our passion for international ministry and outreach.
We depend on God to provide committed helpers and finances.
We depend on one another to encourage and pray for us and our students.
What qualifications do I need to volunteer?
We ask that our volunteers subscribe to CXI’s statement of faith and the ACMI.
- There is a volunteer application for any direct ministry – i.e., classroom teaching, friendship or conversation partner, homestay hosting
- There will be mandatory orientation or training pertaining to the area of service that your interested in volunteering.
Can I check out Connexions before I commit myself?
Yes! Here are some good places to start:
- Visit a class at CXI.
- Invite CXI to your church, small group, or Bible study to learn more about the international student community in the Twin Cities.
- Ask your Bible study or small group to prepare and serve a meal for a CXI Fun Night.
- Visit Stadium Village Church (our ‘parent’ ministry partner) – You will meet some of our students there.
- Sign-up for CXI’s International Crossroads Newsletter to hear stories from students and volunteers and learn more.
What other ways can I be involved?
- Volunteer to be a conversation partner and tutor – training provided
- Meet incoming students at the airport – usually August
- Host a new student in your home when they arrive in August – maximum 1 week
- Host a student for a holiday meal in your home